Friday, May 25, 2007

WINESAVER'S PICKS FOR THE RED WINE TASTING

Hello,

Well, we have decided on the wines that Dorianne and I will bring to the WineSaver Red Wine Tasting this Sunday, the 27th.

First, a 2004 Penfold's Koonunga Hills Shiraz/Cabernet ($11), my favorite everyday red wine. You can check out a review in the archives.

Second, a 2005 Los Vascos Cabernet Sauvignon ($12), the first serious wine I ever drank. The Los Vascos is from Chile and is out of the Baron Phillipe de Rothschild family - perhaps one of the greatest wine values in existence. I'll tell a great story about it when I blog about the tasting next week. By the way, I found it at World Market for $6.99 - the price that it was selling for about 14 years ago when I first drank it in Florida.

The plan is to blog each day next week (probably beginning Tuesday) about what each couple brought - so two reds each day. Remember, that the idea is for each person to bring a "gem" of an inexpensive red wine.

So have a great holiday weekend, and remember what Monday's Memorial Day is all about - honoring those who serve.

'Till next time.

The Wine Saver

No comments: